I love brownies and I have tried out so many different recipes to find the perfect one. I have a standard recipe I’ve made several times now which is fool proof, but I recently felt the need to jazz it up a bit. I love salted caramel. I also love Nutella. So why not add the three together?
This brownie recipe on it’s own is a crowd pleaser. I like to add walnuts or hazelnuts to the mixture to make them a bit more interesting. They are very rich, chewy and delicious, and paired with the extra two layers they are the perfect dessert. This recipe is also super easy so would perfect to bake with kids 🙂
2 cups castor sugar
170g melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup plain flour
300g Jersey Caramels
2 tablespoons thickened cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup Nutella
1. Combine sugar salt and butter until sugar is dissolved.
2. Whisk in eggs one at a time.
3. Stir in cocoa and flour, adding half at a time.
4. Place into square baking tin and bake in moderate oven for 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
1. Melt Jersey Caramels and cream together in microwave.
2. Once cool spread over cooled brownie layer and refrigerate.
Nutella Fudge Layer:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and place over a pot of simmering water.
2.Once ingredients are melted together and slightly cooled, spread evenly onto caramel layer.
3. Cool in fridge for at least a couple of hours until ready to serve.