I had my friend’s bridal shower over the weekend so I decided to bake some cupcakes. I was going to make plain vanilla cupcakes but thought I’d give them a little twist & add Oreos to make them a little more tasty and interesting. They turned out so good and I was amazed at how moist and delicious the cakes were! Topped off with the sweet butter cream dusted with Oreo crumbs, they were the perfect dessert and my friends were all raving about them. Not to mention they looked super cute as well! What a success 👍🏻
Here’s the recipe:
Makes around 15 cupcakes
1 1/4 cups Plain flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter milk
1/4 cup crushed Oreos – more or less depending on how much you would like to add
125 g softened butter
1 1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
crushed Oreos for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until pale in colour.
- Add vanilla and oil and beat to combine.
- Add half of the flour mixture and half of the butter milk and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining flour and butter milk and beat until smooth, scraping down the edges of the bowl.
- Stir in crushed Oreos.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners to about 1/2 full bearing in mind they rise quite a bit.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Let them cool on a wire rack completely until icing.
- Beat together the butter, icing sugar and milk, adding a little icing sugar at a time and beating until smooth.
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes using a piping bag and sprinkle Oreo crumbs on top.
Enjoy! 🙂 x